Sunday, December 11, 2011

Augusto Whispers

We slip into as many lessons with Augusto Balizano as we can. He has such a variety of classes- levels of dancers,  sometimes mostly men, sometimes mostly women and tonight we were blessed with a lesson for only 3.
When I dance with Augusto I get a whisper 1/2 way through each dance.

The First Week: Think only of my supporting leg only and wait.
Last Week:         Think of my back as if I'm reclining in a chair- open my chest but also open my back  and settle into the chair. Mike is "holding the baby". While all this occurs keep the hip back and in. OH GOD!
Tonight:              Resist the step, allow the free leg to feel like it belongs to a rag doll - now, wait until the last moment of the lead and music to move.


His patience shows in his eyes. How lucky we were to have our friend from PA join in a lesson with us this week.

1 comment: