Thursday, January 3, 2013

LESSON - PABLO VERON- A MASTER TEACHER

Keep my body relaxed and comfortable.  Stand in a normal position. There is no need for me to tilt forward or lean my head into Mike. Relaxing my body and breathing naturally helps me keep my free leg free, free from the hip, to move with the intention that starts from Mike's back. This generates every step. First the intention which starts my movement and then his torso to lead the direction. It all looks like one movement, but EVERY step is a tango. At times we change the embrace from close to a little open to even more open. Now all this with what seems like a contradiction or an impossiblbity - my energy from the waist up is upward, like I'd won a prize- boastful. My energy from the waist down goes into the floor.
And I thought learning to fly a plane was difficult.
Ever so slightly we pause and breathe in at the end of the forward, side, back or change of weight before moving on to the next step. Alberto Paz told Mike over and over not to run.
Now Mike is no longer a runner. He's a leader and a pauser, but still dancing the "silence". Impossible? Simple and beautiful? But what about the beat? Another year of work to find THAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment